Share instant news and information about computer technology
Apple have relished the new iOS 11.3 earlier at the end of last month, in the new version, iOS 11.3 has brought many important features, including Batteries health, new AR experiences and Animoji. Now let’s have a look on what’s new in iOS 11.3 and what’s the interesting thing on your iPhone.
The addition of a feature that allows users to see the battery health was discussed by Apple CEO Tim Cook in late 2017. This feature recommends if a battery needs to be serviced. You can find this feature under the Settings app > Battery. And it is available for iPhone 6 and later.
Apple added new Animoji in iOS 11.3, including a dragon, a bear, a skull and a lion. Now there are a total of 16 different characters.
Animoji are animated emoji videos that are created using the facial recognition Face ID technology built into the iPhone X. Apple said that the Animoji have been a hit for iPhone X users for recording Animoji messages and even creating “Animoji karaoke videos.”
The introduction of ARKit with iOS 11 put augmented reality into the hands of hundreds of millions of iPhone and iPad users, making iOS the world’s biggest AR platform. With iOS 11.3, apps can now deliver AR experiences that use vertical surfaces like walls and doors, in addition to horizontal surfaces like tables and chairs, and more accurately map to irregularly shaped surfaces like circular tables.
Apple also announced a Business Chat feature in iOS 11.3, which enables users to communicate directly with businesses such as Lowe’s, Discover, Newegg, Hilton and Wells Fargo from within the Messages app. In my opinion, this feature looks better designed than some of the other “bots” I have seen.
There is a new Health Records feature built into the Health app as part of iOS 11.3. Health Records brings health data from hospitals and clinics into the existing Health app to make it easier for patients to see their available medical data from multiple providers whenever they choose to do so.
- Apple Music now streams music videos uninterrupted by ads. Users can watch the hottest new videos, classics or ones from their favorite artists back-to-back in new music video playlists.
- Apple News makes it easier to stay up-to-date on the most important videos of the day with a new Video group in For You, and improved Top Stories.
- Commuters in Beijing and Shanghai can begin using Apple Pay on their iPhone and Apple Watch for an easy, fast and secure ride on Metro and bus lines.
- Apple TV app, a unified place for iPhone, iPad and Apple TV users to discover and start watching the best shows and movies, will launch in Brazil and Mexico. These markets join Apple TV app users in the US, Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Norway, Sweden and the UK.
- Brazil will gain Siri support on Apple TV 4K and Apple TV (4th generation), making it possible to search for and access movies, shows, songs, apps and more, using just your voice.
- HomeKit software authentication provides a great new way for developers to add HomeKit support to existing accessories while protecting privacy and security.
- Support for Advanced Mobile Location (AML) to automatically send a user’s current location when making a call to emergency services in countries where AML is supported.
To learn more iOS 11.3, visit Apple Support.