Share instant news and information about computer technology
KGI Securities analyst Ming-Chi Kuo yesterday made ten predictions related to the forthcoming “iPhone 8,” “iPhone 7s,” and “iPhone 7s Plus,” which are expected to be launched by Apple Company in September. As Apple’s 10th anniversary, the company is likely to launch iPhone 7s and iPhone 8 as the gift to fans at the same time, thus, a lot of rumors fly in world.
According to the latest report on Monday, Ming-Chi Kuo lists his 10 predictions for the new iPhone models that will be coming soon in September. In his predictions, analyst saidiPhone 8 will adopt Virtual Home Button, but remove Touch ID completely from the OLED smartphone.
According to Kuo, the iPhone 8 will have “the highest screen-to-body ratio of any smartphone currently available worldwide,” well, that’s easy to think about the new smartphone that Samsung had launched earlier this year. He also added that Apple is still facing technical challenges with implementing Touch ID into a full-screen front-facing display. In order to keep the “boutique image”, iPhone 8 won’t have too many colors to choose by consumers compare with the iPhone 7s and iPhone 7s Plus. Those three phones will be launch in fall, but the iPhone 8 is probably late then official launch date.
No matter what, what will you buy on fall, do you like the outlook of new iPhone? Leave the common bellow if you like.
1. Apple will roll out three iPhone models in 2H17, including an all-new design 5.2” (or 5.8” depending on the definition of screen size in use) OLED iPhone & LCD models including 4.7” & 5.5” (front form factor design similar to current ones).
2. OLED iPhone will adopt full-screen design, with the highest screen-to-body ratio of any smartphone currently available worldwide (thanks to a notch display design); the OLED model will also come with a virtual Home button, though the button will not support fingerprint recognition.
3. OLED iPhone will support 3D sensing for facial recognition & improved selfie quality.
4. OLED iPhone & 5.5” LCD iPhone will both come with DRAM capacity of 3GB (for dual-camera requirements), while 4.7” version will only use 2GB DRAM (for only single camera).
5. Three new models will all come with 64GB and 256GB storage options.
6. All three new models will have a Lightning port; however, there will be an embedded USB-C power delivery IC for higher charging efficiency.
7. The output power of the receiver & speaker of OLED iPhone will be more consistent to create better stereo effects.
8. To maintain its boutique image, we think the OLED version will offer fewer options for casing colors than LCD iPhone models.
9. We predict October-November & August-September as production ramp-up schedules of OLED iPhone & LCD iPhone, respectively. “For optimized promotional effect, we think Apple may unveil the three models simultaneously in September, though the launch date of the OLED version may trail that of LCD models, and supply tightness may not improve before 1H18.”
10. We forecast shipments of the three new models in 2017F will be 80-85mn units, with an equal split between OLED & LCD versions.
The prediction is predict, it depends on the final launched version in conference, but it seems edge-to-edge display is popular now, and no company is ever to designing a smaller one by the request of consumers.